1.When we focus our attention on ourselves, we turn our attention away from God. We leave no room in our thoughts to listen to what he is thinking about us, because we have given that place away to be occupied by other peoples opinions Whose thoughts do you tend to focus on the most throughput your days yours, others, or Gods?
Defiantly Others if something happens that upsets me I don't tjhink of God;s option its immediately let
others people views flood my heart
2. How many times today di you wonder if you were measuring up to someones expectations of you?
List as many as you think of?
at least 10 Why I am slow at work I must not be a good enough Hair Dresser? why don't my kids listen to me? I am not a good disciplinarian? or Mom? Why don't she return my Text did I do Somme thing? I am not a good a friend?
3. Do you have any limitations or weakness that make you dougnt God can use you-Or Would want to? if so, describe them and why they make you sought God can use you?
yes I am a good enough to be used by the Lord of Lord King of all Kings!! I fail daily I am scared to fail not myself but God.
4. The angel of the Lord told Gideon, "Go in the strength you have......am I sending you? I will be with you (Judges6:14-16). With the promise in mind, what doughts are you currently facing that you sense God wants you to conquer with him and depend on his strength to overcome?
to write and speak for him I mess up and don't think I am equipped to help other people maybe my story?
5. Review the section in this chapter on "Getting past our Past." "Write down anything from your past that triggers old emotions that lead to insecurity and self Dought.
not being a good friend saying and doing things that hurt others because my Soul was hurt I said and
hurt a lot of people in my past.
6. What are some other triggers that cause you to doubt yourself?
my negative thought in my head is my worst enemy they whisper not good enough and Comparisons to other people and there life.
7. Have you viewed dought as an emotional weakness in the past? Have you ever asked God to take it away? and zap you with convince? Describe if and how are you are beginning to see the struggle with insecurity as part of your spiritual journey.
I have when it has all about to crash down on my I felt the walls closing inn around me I asked God out of desperatipon not daily.